Industry Job Postings
Please see our new Job Postings Guidelines
before submitting a listing.
- Georgia Arborist Association -- Executive Director
- Trees Atlanta - Community Forester (NeighborWoods Coordinator)
- Arborist - City of Atlanta
- Bartlett Tree Experts, Arborist Representative
- Forsyth County Government, County Arborist
- Monster Tree Services, Tree Crew Leader, Climber and Ground Person
GEORGIA ARBORIST ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and update the Georgia Arborist Association website.
- Make arrangements and set up programs for the association’s bi-monthly meetings.
- Make arrangements and set up programs, speakers, and agendas for the association’s spring and fall training workshops.
- Design and prepare educational and informational brochures on using certified arborists for tree care and consultation and other arboriculture topics.
- Oversee publication of a quarterly newsletter to inform, educate, and update GAA members with current news and technical information in the arboriculture industry.
- Maintain GAA membership database.
- Manage reporting and other requirements for Urban & Community Forestry grant.
- Oversee recruitment of new members and sponsors of GAA.
- Make arrangements and securing sponsors for the annual Georgia Tree Climbing Championship.
- Public relations and communications activities.
Trees Atlanta - Community Forester (NeighborWoods Coordinator)
Employment Type: Full-Time, Salary
Employment Status: Exempt
Apply By: Open Until Filled (Preferably by 10/15/21)
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: NeighborWoods Manager
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday
Salary Range: $35,568 minimum
Key Job Categories: Non-Profit, Arboriculture, Forestry, Climate Change Agent, Green Space Equity, Botany, Horticulture, Community Engagement, Project Management, Volunteer Management, Landscape Design
Trees Atlanta is a nonprofit community group that protects and improves Atlanta’s urban forest by planting, conserving, and educating. Since its beginnings, Trees Atlanta’s goals have been to plant new trees, conserve existing trees, replace trees lost to development and hazards, and educate the public on the many benefits of trees. Trees Atlanta has become one of the most widely-known and respected non-profits locally, as well as nationally, for their work as stewards of our urban environment. To date, Trees Atlanta has planted and cared for over 140,000 trees in metro Atlanta.
The NeighborWoods Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing all aspects of Trees Atlanta’s NeighborWoods program. Started in 2001, the NeighborWoods program brings together volunteers and neighborhood representatives with Trees Atlanta team members to plant and maintain trees throughout Atlanta.
The scope of responsibility includes, but is not limited to the following:
Project Planning and Community Outreach
Present information about the Community Forestry Program called 'NeighborWoods' to community organizations and neighborhood associations.
Work with community members to plan and implement neighborhood tree plantings, encouraging teamwork, resident buy-in, and community involvement.
Scout potential tree planting locations using a variety of methods, prioritizing community requests.
Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with community partners and other staff members.
Liaise with the public as a responsible ambassador to communicate Trees Atlanta’s mission.
Work with neighborhood associations to address community tree-related needs.
Assist the NeighborWoods Supervisor to implement residential, private property planting as needed.
Select tree specimens for diversity and suitability and adhere to field-related best practices, prioritizing canopy trees wherever possible.
Provide detailed planting proposals to NeighborWoods Manager for approval by relevant parties prior to planting.
Fulfill grant and contract requirements.
Coordinate project logistics weekly, including but not limited to ordering trees; updating organization-wide project calendar; determining meeting locations; packing trucks and trailers, and creating materials for volunteers.
Follow standard NeighborWoods procedures for project planning and implementation.
Update ArcGIS tree points in a timely manner throughout the planting season.
Help respond to and address tree maintenance requests as needed.
Lead groups of volunteers on weekday and/or weekend tree planting and maintenance projects.
Effectively supervise, train, evaluate, and motivate volunteers.
Two years of experience working in a related field or a Bachelor's degree in urban forestry, environmental non-profits, landscape architecture, or related field of study
Outstanding interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and public speaking ability (crucial for interaction with community organizations, volunteers, and staff).
Knowledgeable in tree identification, shrubs, and other plants.
Ability and desire to work with diverse communities and individuals .
Reliable, self-motivated, and possess excellent time management skills.
Highly organized, and detail-oriented with proven ability to work independently and with a team (able and willing to assist coworkers when needed).
Demonstrates a basic understanding of safety or risk management when working with children and/or volunteer groups (formal experience managing and coordinating volunteers a plus).
Equally comfortable working in outdoor field sites and in administrative office settings.
Availability to work Tuesday through Saturday, with occasional schedule flexibility to work on an evening.
Working knowledge of ArcGIS required; familiarity with Salesforce preferred.
At least 21 years old with a 3-year clear driving history.
Ability to drive a truck with a loaded trailer.
Must pass a pre-employment background screening, drug test, and DOT physical.
Ability to conduct repetitive, moderate to strenuous physical activity in the field and lift up to 50 pounds.
Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions at all times of year.
- To apply: https://www.treesatlanta.org/get-involved/career-opportunities/
Arborist (Job Number: 210550)
At the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our police officers, firefighters and building inspectors keep our citizens safe. Our Public Works staff keeps our City clean and helps maintain, build and improve our City’s infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life.
Our engineers help keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
Posting: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience
General Description and Classification Standards
The purpose of the Field Arborist position in the Department of City Planning is to enforce the City's tree ordinance and to assist citizens with tree-related problems and questions. Duties include, but are not limited to: evaluating tree health per City Code; issuing removal permits when trees are dead, dying, or hazardous; inspecting construction sites to determine compliance with approved construction plans; inspecting construction sites for compliance and issuance of final certificates of occupancy; posting public notice of potential tree removal; issuing fines and fees for failure to meet tree preservation requirements of City Code; entering details of inspections and status updates in database; and representing Arborist Division in tree conservation commission appeal hearings. The incumbent must ensure that best in class customer service is provided to both internal and external customers and embrace, support, and promote the City’s core values, beliefs, and culture.
Works under very general supervision and reports to the Lead Field Arborist. May work independently or with other skilled or semi-skilled workers with responsibility for completion of assigned tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Issue permits and inspection reports to customers in a timely manner, and respond to customer inquiries via letter, email, and telephone;
- Follow proper protocol when nuisance trees are identified;
- Maintain detailed work logs and status updates in City computer database;
- Able to calculate and explain to customers method for assessing critical root zone impact;
- Accurately access fines and fees as needed;
- Represent the Arborist Division in Tree Conservation Commission appeal hearings;
- Attend Municipal Court with City Solicitor and serving as expert witness when ordinance has been violated.
- Work with developers, architects, engineers, contractors, and homeowners to comply with Tree Protection ordinance;
- Collaborate with Arborist Division staff members and other City Divisions to ensure high quality customer service;
- Address civic groups, schools, garden clubs, and neighborhood groups regarding the rights and responsibilities of citizens and tree care;
- Exhibit excellent customer service and human relations skills.
- Evaluate tree health and risk to determine whether trees are dead, dying, or hazardous per City code;
- Issue tree removal permits;
- Review site plans during site inspections to ensure conditions in the field are accurately depicted;
- Post public notice of potential construction impact on trees;
- Inspect active construction sites for compliance with approved and stamped tree protection plans;
- Conduct final inspection of construction sites for compliance and issuance of final certificates of occupancy;
- Issue fines and fees for failure to meet tree preservation requirements of City Code.
- Applies organizational policies.
- Follows standardized procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Must be able to process information on hand and decide on next steps to complete tasks and/or resolve issues.
- Determines when to escalate issues to upper/senior management
Provides guidance and training as required to lower level, interns, temporary employees, etc. May exercise supervisory duties in absence of supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of best in class customer service.
- Knowledge of the City’s overall permitting operations, codes, services and procedures.
- Knowledge of arboricultural practices, policies, and procedures as necessary in the completion of daily responsibilities.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards, and regulations pertaining to tree-related issues and other responsibilities in serving as City Arborist.
- Perform a variety of difficult and complex permit related tasks with minimal supervision.
- Performing mathematical calculations
- Perform duties through using independent judgment and make sound decisions in accordance with established procedures and policies. Use of discretion in the handing of emergency situations.
- Ability to learn the principles, practices, and procedures of the City and various department operations and functions.
- Ability to assist in the developing and implementing of long-term goals for the Department to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to keep abreast of changes in policy, methods, operations, and standards of practice, etc. as they pertain to Departmental operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with management, employees, and members of the public.
- Ability to assemble information and make written reports and documents in a concise, clear, and effective manner.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion in handling emergency situations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply regulations and related information.
Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Forestry, Horticulture, or related field and one-year experience as an Arborist, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must have International Arborist Association (ISA) certification. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Licensures and Certifications
Position would be expected to have licensure or professional certifications appropriate to the position.
- Required: Valid Georgia Driver’s License (must drive a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License)
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and plans;
- Experience or certification in hazard tree evaluation; and
- Experience working as part of a team or in direct contact with the public.
Location: Savannah, GA
Application Page: https://englishcareers-bartlett.icims.com/jobs/9444/arborist-representative/job?mode=view
Contact: Steve Johnston, Southeast Division Manager, SJohnston@Bartlett.com
Bartlett Tree Experts is currently seeking a full-time Arborist Representative to join our growing team in Savannah, GA. This is a unique opportunity to combine your passion for arboriculture and enthusiasm for sharing knowledge to establish positive client relationships. As an Arborist Representative, you will play an integral role in helping grow our business by developing and maintaining long-term client relationships. You will be responsible for visiting client properties, assessing their tree and shrub care needs, and providing scientific tree and shrub care recommendations.
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Base salary plus commission and bonus plan
- Advancement opportunities - we promote from within
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Company provided uniforms, vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories Charlotte, NC
To find out more about what life is like at Bartlett, check us out on Instagram @LifeatBartlett.
- Responsible for all areas of sales within a defined territory, including selling, marketing, customer service, administration, production, and training
- Meet with existing and potential residential and commercial clients daily to evaluate their tree and shrub care needs
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and client relationships within the defined territory
- Prepare and provide proposals to clients utilizing sales process tools, software, and other technologies
- Supervise work to be performed, ensuring jobs are completed based on the signed contract and to the client's satisfaction
- Set up personal sales expectations with immediate supervisor and prepare to meet sales goals
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing all safety, transportation, and pesticide compliance programs
- 1-3 years of related experience in the tree care industry or prior sales experience
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- ISA Arborist Certification or ability to obtain – we will pay for the cost of the exam and help you prepare!
- Ability to learn to identify trees and shrubs common to the region, diagnose pests and diseases, and recommend corrective action or proactive management plans
- Valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Turfgrass, Environmental Science, Plant Science, Outdoor Recreation, Agriculture or a related field is preferred but not required
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.______________________________________________
We offer competitive compensation, as well as:
If you enjoy working outdoors in a professional and safe environment, consider a career with Bartlett Tree Experts! At Bartlett, we value a strong culture of excellence in safety, scientific research, lifelong learning, and career development.
Forsyth County Government
Salary = $50,600.00 - $83,491.00 AnnuallyPosition Information
Location = Cumming, GA
Job Type = Full-time
Department = Planning & Community Development - Development Inspection
Job Number = 02224
The purpose of this classification is to implement all County activities and programs related to tree protection and preservation, including enforcement of all applicable County ordinances through plan review, site inspections, and public education.Job Summary
Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.Conducts site inspections during all construction stages to ensure compliance with approved plans relating to tree protection and tree replacement; evaluates condition/health of trees; determines hazardous conditions involving trees; conducts compliance inspections of commercial properties one year after completion of construction.
Coordinates daily work activities of subordinates and other County personnel as assigned for specific projects; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; confers with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
Interprets, explains, applies, and ensures compliance with provisions of County ordinances pertaining to tree preservation, tree protection, and tree replacement; initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
Reviews architectural drawings, tree protection plans, and related documents in relation to tree preservation; verifies compliance of plans with tree preservation/protection ordinance; approves or disapproves tree plans as appropriate; discusses problem areas and corrective actions with applicants.
Provides technical assistance and information to developers, landscapers, property owners, the public, or others regarding tree preservation/protection guidelines, ordinances, plan reviews, procedures, documentation, or other issues; meets with clients at sites or in office; responds to questions and complaints; researches problems/complaints and initiates problem resolution.
Develops educational programs to provide information on tree preservation/protection issues to the community; prepares presentation materials and delivers presentations to various groups; distributes brochures and educational materials; identifies species of trees, evaluate tree condition/health, and provides advice on trees to homeowners.
Creates and maintains computer databases of tree plans, projects, work activities, and other records; creates and updates tree plan map in the County’s geographical information system (GIS) for tracking purposes.
Provides recommendations for updating/revising tree ordinance.
Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, tree ordinance maps, tree project reports, tree plan maps, inspection sheets, brochures, presentation materials, or other documents.
- Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, architectural drawings, landscaping plans, tree protection plans, land disturbance plans, photographs, textbooks, zoning maps, ordinances, policies, procedures, manuals, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data; verifies accuracy of entered data and makes corrections; utilizes word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, photo imaging, tree analysis, geographical information system (GIS), e-mail, Internet, or other computer programs.
Operates a variety of equipment and tools associated with work activities, which may include a motor vehicle, machete, compass, boring tools, or measuring instruments.
Coordinates work activities with those of other departments, contractors, outside agencies, or others as needed; reviews tree plans with County inspectors and planning staff as needed.
Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, County officials, developers, architects, landscapers, property owners, the public, community organizations, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, resolve problems, or give/receive advice/direction.
Attends various meetings; serves on Tree Commission or other committees as needed.
Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable laws/regulations; maintains an awareness of new trends and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; maintains professional affiliations; attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
This classification is designated as a safety sensitive position which is subject to random drug and alcohol testing and any other drug testing methods as stated in policies adopted by Forsyth County concerning drug and alcohol.
Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include posting signs, taking photographs, answering telephone calls, making copies, sending/receiving faxes, filing documentation, or processing incoming/outgoing mail.
Provides assistance to other employees or departments as needed.
Performs other related duties as required.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Monster Tree Service
Position: Tree Crew Leader, tree Climber, and Ground Person
So, what sets Monster Tree Service apart from other employers? Extensive experience, state-of-the-art equipment, a true love and commitment to the environment, superb customer service, a rapidly growing footprint, dynamic work ethic, a unique philosophy, and most important…the Monster Team!
If you are looking to be part of a team that is growing and changing the Tree Care Industry in a positive way while providing great career opportunities, we want to speak to you.
Our North Atlanta location has an opportunity for an Experienced Tree Crew Leader, a Tree Climber, and a Ground Person. We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience, training, year-round employment, state of the art equipment, a positive and respectful work environment, and more! Below are some of the responsibilities and qualifications for our crew leader position.
- Supervises tree crew while performing residential and commercial tree pruning and removals in accordance with ANSI and company standards.
- Operate an aerial lift and/or bucket truck when necessary.
- Possess the necessary rigging and lowering skills to perform tree pruning and removals safely. Perform supplemental support (cabling and bracing) techniques and methods in accordance to ANSI Standards.
- Must be familiar with industry safety standards and procedures and is willing to enforce these standards as well as company safety policies
- Must be willing to accept and be responsible for daily production goals and safety procedures of the crew.
- Coordinate with the Sales Arborist prior to performing work.
- Prior experience leading and training a tree crew in a safe and productive manner.
- ISA Certification or CTSP is helpful but not required.
- A clean/valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, prior experience training employees is preferred.
- Can identify and communicate to the property owner potential up-sell opportunities.
- Presents a professional appearance and attitude.
To apply for any position please contact
Jorge Vargas | Owner
Monster Tree Service of North Atlanta
The publisher reserves the right to censor, reclassify, revise, edit or reject any classified advertisement not meeting the standards of the Georgia Arborist Association. We will not knowingly accept copy which discriminates because of race, color, religion, or national origin. The Georgia Arborist Association accepts no liability for subject matter in ads.