Industry Job Postings
Please see our new Job Postings Guidelines
before submitting a listing.
- Bartlett Tree Experts, Arborist Representative
- Forsyth County Government, County Arborist
- Monster Tree Services, Tree Crew Leader, Climber and Ground Person
Location: Savannah, GA
Application Page: https://englishcareers-bartlett.icims.com/jobs/9444/arborist-representative/job?mode=view
Contact: Steve Johnston, Southeast Division Manager, SJohnston@Bartlett.com
Bartlett Tree Experts is currently seeking a full-time Arborist Representative to join our growing team in Savannah, GA. This is a unique opportunity to combine your passion for arboriculture and enthusiasm for sharing knowledge to establish positive client relationships. As an Arborist Representative, you will play an integral role in helping grow our business by developing and maintaining long-term client relationships. You will be responsible for visiting client properties, assessing their tree and shrub care needs, and providing scientific tree and shrub care recommendations.
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Base salary plus commission and bonus plan
- Advancement opportunities - we promote from within
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Company provided uniforms, vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories Charlotte, NC
To find out more about what life is like at Bartlett, check us out on Instagram @LifeatBartlett.
- Responsible for all areas of sales within a defined territory, including selling, marketing, customer service, administration, production, and training
- Meet with existing and potential residential and commercial clients daily to evaluate their tree and shrub care needs
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and client relationships within the defined territory
- Prepare and provide proposals to clients utilizing sales process tools, software, and other technologies
- Supervise work to be performed, ensuring jobs are completed based on the signed contract and to the client's satisfaction
- Set up personal sales expectations with immediate supervisor and prepare to meet sales goals
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing all safety, transportation, and pesticide compliance programs
- 1-3 years of related experience in the tree care industry or prior sales experience
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- ISA Arborist Certification or ability to obtain – we will pay for the cost of the exam and help you prepare!
- Ability to learn to identify trees and shrubs common to the region, diagnose pests and diseases, and recommend corrective action or proactive management plans
- Valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Turfgrass, Environmental Science, Plant Science, Outdoor Recreation, Agriculture or a related field is preferred but not required
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.______________________________________________
We offer competitive compensation, as well as:
If you enjoy working outdoors in a professional and safe environment, consider a career with Bartlett Tree Experts! At Bartlett, we value a strong culture of excellence in safety, scientific research, lifelong learning, and career development.
Forsyth County Government
Salary = $50,600.00 - $83,491.00 AnnuallyPosition Information
Location = Cumming, GA
Job Type = Full-time
Department = Planning & Community Development - Development Inspection
Job Number = 02224
The purpose of this classification is to implement all County activities and programs related to tree protection and preservation, including enforcement of all applicable County ordinances through plan review, site inspections, and public education.Job Summary
Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.Conducts site inspections during all construction stages to ensure compliance with approved plans relating to tree protection and tree replacement; evaluates condition/health of trees; determines hazardous conditions involving trees; conducts compliance inspections of commercial properties one year after completion of construction.
Coordinates daily work activities of subordinates and other County personnel as assigned for specific projects; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; confers with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
Interprets, explains, applies, and ensures compliance with provisions of County ordinances pertaining to tree preservation, tree protection, and tree replacement; initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
Reviews architectural drawings, tree protection plans, and related documents in relation to tree preservation; verifies compliance of plans with tree preservation/protection ordinance; approves or disapproves tree plans as appropriate; discusses problem areas and corrective actions with applicants.
Provides technical assistance and information to developers, landscapers, property owners, the public, or others regarding tree preservation/protection guidelines, ordinances, plan reviews, procedures, documentation, or other issues; meets with clients at sites or in office; responds to questions and complaints; researches problems/complaints and initiates problem resolution.
Develops educational programs to provide information on tree preservation/protection issues to the community; prepares presentation materials and delivers presentations to various groups; distributes brochures and educational materials; identifies species of trees, evaluate tree condition/health, and provides advice on trees to homeowners.
Creates and maintains computer databases of tree plans, projects, work activities, and other records; creates and updates tree plan map in the County’s geographical information system (GIS) for tracking purposes.
Provides recommendations for updating/revising tree ordinance.
Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, tree ordinance maps, tree project reports, tree plan maps, inspection sheets, brochures, presentation materials, or other documents.
- Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, architectural drawings, landscaping plans, tree protection plans, land disturbance plans, photographs, textbooks, zoning maps, ordinances, policies, procedures, manuals, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data; verifies accuracy of entered data and makes corrections; utilizes word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, photo imaging, tree analysis, geographical information system (GIS), e-mail, Internet, or other computer programs.
Operates a variety of equipment and tools associated with work activities, which may include a motor vehicle, machete, compass, boring tools, or measuring instruments.
Coordinates work activities with those of other departments, contractors, outside agencies, or others as needed; reviews tree plans with County inspectors and planning staff as needed.
Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, County officials, developers, architects, landscapers, property owners, the public, community organizations, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, resolve problems, or give/receive advice/direction.
Attends various meetings; serves on Tree Commission or other committees as needed.
Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable laws/regulations; maintains an awareness of new trends and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; maintains professional affiliations; attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
This classification is designated as a safety sensitive position which is subject to random drug and alcohol testing and any other drug testing methods as stated in policies adopted by Forsyth County concerning drug and alcohol.
Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include posting signs, taking photographs, answering telephone calls, making copies, sending/receiving faxes, filing documentation, or processing incoming/outgoing mail.
Provides assistance to other employees or departments as needed.
Performs other related duties as required.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Monster Tree Service
Position: Tree Crew Leader, tree Climber, and Ground Person
So, what sets Monster Tree Service apart from other employers? Extensive experience, state-of-the-art equipment, a true love and commitment to the environment, superb customer service, a rapidly growing footprint, dynamic work ethic, a unique philosophy, and most important…the Monster Team!
If you are looking to be part of a team that is growing and changing the Tree Care Industry in a positive way while providing great career opportunities, we want to speak to you.
Our North Atlanta location has an opportunity for an Experienced Tree Crew Leader, a Tree Climber, and a Ground Person. We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience, training, year-round employment, state of the art equipment, a positive and respectful work environment, and more! Below are some of the responsibilities and qualifications for our crew leader position.
- Supervises tree crew while performing residential and commercial tree pruning and removals in accordance with ANSI and company standards.
- Operate an aerial lift and/or bucket truck when necessary.
- Possess the necessary rigging and lowering skills to perform tree pruning and removals safely. Perform supplemental support (cabling and bracing) techniques and methods in accordance to ANSI Standards.
- Must be familiar with industry safety standards and procedures and is willing to enforce these standards as well as company safety policies
- Must be willing to accept and be responsible for daily production goals and safety procedures of the crew.
- Coordinate with the Sales Arborist prior to performing work.
- Prior experience leading and training a tree crew in a safe and productive manner.
- ISA Certification or CTSP is helpful but not required.
- A clean/valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, prior experience training employees is preferred.
- Can identify and communicate to the property owner potential up-sell opportunities.
- Presents a professional appearance and attitude.
To apply for any position please contact
Jorge Vargas | Owner
Monster Tree Service of North Atlanta
The publisher reserves the right to censor, reclassify, revise, edit or reject any classified advertisement not meeting the standards of the Georgia Arborist Association. We will not knowingly accept copy which discriminates because of race, color, religion, or national origin. The Georgia Arborist Association accepts no liability for subject matter in ads.